- Are you a competitive athlete who wants to keep your body in top condition?
- Perhaps you're thinking about starting an exercise program but are worried about injuries and muscle soreness.
- Maybe you've overdone the exercise a little and have a nagging sports injury.
- Or you might be preparing for a big sporting event like a marathon or triathlon
At Tension Release, our fully qualified Massage Therapists offer massage that's tailored to keep you in top condition - and to treat any injuries you've already suffered.
What is Sports Massage?
Sports Massage caters for active sportspeople who place a high demand on their muscles. It relieves the stress and tension that can build up in the body's soft tissues while exercising, which can lead to injury if left untreated.
It does this by treating or preventing what is known as delayed onset muscle soreness. This can occur when muscles are forced to act as brakes, sometimes resulting in microscopic tearing within muscle fibres.
Sports Massage can prevent and treat sport-related injuries like sprains, strains and cramps. It reduces the chances of injury and, if there is an injury, reduces the recovery time.
Helping You Prepare for Exercise
Sports Massage therapy increases range of motion and is an ideal way to prepare for competitive sports and help you achieve peak performance. But while it's especially beneficial for those who work out often, it's useful for anyone who exercises.
Even if you do only mild exercise like regular walking, it can help you build flexibility, prevent injuries, and perform better. Sports Massage helps maintain your body in optimal condition for sport and exercise.
Your massage can often be quite strenuous, involving vigorous kneading of the muscles. The payoff is obvious in relaxed, flexible muscles, reduced pain, and better exercise performance.
A Sports Massage can be carried out before, during or after playing sport or exercising.
Like to Know More about Sports Massage?
To book a Sports Massage or to find how more about how massage therapy can help your stubborn sports injury or boost your exercise program, call us today on (03) 9863 7011. It's also easy to book a massage online by filling in the form on the left.
Benefits of Sports Massage Therapy
- Draining away fatigue
- Relieving swelling
- Reducing muscle tension
- Increasing flexibility
- Treating injuries that result from overexertion or overuse, such as shin splints, tennis elbow, strains and "corked thigh"
- Relieving pain
- Improving heart rate and blood pressure
- Increasing blood circulation and lymph flow
- Maintaining and improving muscle condition
- Reducing back and limb pain
- Encouraging better muscle tissue healing
Role of Myotherapy
Many people are confused about the role of Myotherapy in Sports Massage. Myotherapists play a specialist role in treating sports injuries, and can achieve great results for their clients.
At Tension Release our team are fully qualified myotherapist.